Level: Amateur - Semi Pro.
Lenses: 8mm - 50mm focal length
Features: Compact, Lightweight, Inexpensive, Durable
Uses: Real Estate, Travel, Hobbyist, Hiker, Amateur
Cameras: Compact, Rangefinder, Micro Four Thirds, smaller DSLR's
Winner of the Editor's Choice Award 2 years in a row as well as the Gold Award, Pixelmania Award, 5 out of 5 ratings from Chasseur Images and Applelinks. The NN3 MKII pano tripod head is best suited for those on the go, a popular choice for Real Estate photographers, hobbyists, hikers and travelers alike. The is a more advanced version of the NN3 MKII which incorporates use the the Advanced Rotator RD16-II - click tab above. Use for single row and even multi-row. Produce stunning super high-resolution panoramas with your point and shoot camera or smaller DSLR's. You can also mount your camera in both landscape (horizontal) and portrait (vertical) orientation.
Pano head features:
- Size - very small and compact, making it easy to carry and stow (see specifications).
- FULL rotation up and down and all-around (with smaller cameras and lenses).
- Fits almost all point and shoot cameras from ultra compact to compact, and many smaller DSLR's using smaller lenses.
- Rubberized metal knurled knobs. This allows for better gripping and feel and gives an enhanced look.
- Made to higher precision tolerances than earlier NN3 model.
- One knob adjustable resistance for horizontal panning.
Note: The 16-35mm Nikkor lens is not compatible with both the NN3 and NN4 series pano heads.
The Canon EF 8-15mm is very long for a fisheye and may require the use of T-30-III T-adapter which gives a bit of added adjustment length.
RD16-II Rotator change click stops on-the-fly. Ideal in time sensitive situations in which shooting must be completed quickly, such as in high-resolution multi-image shooting or shooting the same scene at different focal lengths. Unlike the 8 click stop options of the RD8, the RD16-II adds an additional 8 options making it ideally suited for shooting at longer focal lengths up to 200mm (x5 zoom) for your point and shoot cameras.
Features you'll find in this new class of rotators:
- Made from imported premium quality aluminum alloy.
- Precision CNC machined components.
- Lubricated bearings for smooth rotation.
- Laser engraved marking detent interval option can be changed on the fly.
- Detent interval can be changed in seconds on the fly.
- Knob for locking rotation.
- Retainer wire so you don't lose the knobs.
- Ideal for making HDR panos and/or mosaics.
- Great in windy locations.
- Small nadir footprint.
- The diameter of 62mm provides sufficient precision and stability while keeping the nadir footprint small.
- The unique placement of knobs means that they will never appear in the spherical panos.
- 16 different degree stop increments (with equivalent number of stops around) include:
- 3.75 (96 stops)
- 5 (72 stops)
- 6 (60 stops)
- 7.5 (48 stops)
- 10 (36 stops)
- 12 (30 stops)
- 15 (24 stops)
- 18 (20 stops)
- 20 (18 stops)
- 24 (15 stops)
- 30 (12 stops)
- 36 (10 stops)
- 45 (8 stops)
- 60 (6 stops)
- 90 (4 stops)
- 120 (3 stops)
Complete Manual - Nodal Ninja 3 MKII: html .:. pdf
QRG - Nodal Ninja 3 MKII: html .:. pdf
NN3 Translations (some from earlier versions)
Deutsche (German): html .:. pdf
Espaol (Spanish): html .:. pdf
Franais (French): html .:. pdf
Italiano (Italian): html .:. pdf
Nederlands (Dutch): html .:. pdf
Polski (Polish): html .:. pdf
?????????????? (Russian): html .:. pdf
Romn?? (Romanian): html .:. pdf
CONTRACT #: GS-02F-016CA
MADE IN: HONG KONG
What's in the Box
- Nodal Ninja 3 pano head
- RD16-II Advanced Rotator
- Hard shelled carry case with dual zippers
- 2nd generation Camera Mounting Plate (CP-CP2)
- Rail Stops
- Hex Key + Misc parts